Quotes are the price for a list of products a customer is wanting to purchase. Quotes can be given to customers for review, be updated, or turned into an order. Generated Quotes can automatically be sent to customers, or you can choose to send a link to the quote through other means.
- Navigate to Storefront > Orders > Quotes and click “New”
- The General Information of the Quote contains the Status, Store, Date, Time, Adcode, and Order Sales Person fields. The AdCode field is optional and can be used to set an Adcode for the visit.
- Attach a customer to the quote by searching by customer name. This will automatically fill out the remaining fields.
- Add Products to the quote via the Search field in the Items panel.
- Add additional quote details if needed.
- Private Quote comments are only seen internally.
- Public Quote comments are visible to the customer.
- Click Save. If an email template is associated with the default quote order status, an email will automatically be sent to the customer.
Generating Quote Links
Once a Quote is saved there are several actions available, including generating a quote link that can be sent to others!
- Navigate to Storefront > Orders > Quotes > Edit Quote
- Click the More Actions button at the top of the page and then Generate Quote Link
- A quote link will be displayed at the top of the screen, which you can copy and paste as desired.
- Note: It may take a moment for the link to be generated.
- If your quotes are not editable, the link brings them to the one page checkout with the items already added. If your quotes are editable, they are taken to the shopping cart page, and special pricing or discounts will not apply.
- By default, Customers will not be able to edit the cart for the quote. This allows you to ensure any special pricing is applicable only to the items you selected in the quote.
You can reach the settings for Quotes by navigating to Storefront > Settings > Orders > General > Quotes.
Here you can set the following:
|Customer is Allowed to Edit Quote Cart by Default||If enabled this allows the customer to edit the cart when they follow the Quote Link.|
|Default Quote Expiration Period||Sets the default expiration period for quotes. These can always be changed individually within the quote if it needs to be extended.|
|Default Accepted Quote Status||Sets the default status for when the quote is accepted.|