Storefront > Settings > Shipping
There can be many reasons why “No Shipping Options” errors can occur. Shipping methods may have gotten disabled, shipping providers aren’t active, or the product being sold does not meet qualifications put in place for shipping. This article goes through the common reasons “No Shipping Options” is displayed and ways to fix it. If the problem is not covered please contact customer support for assistance.
When troubleshooting shipping options there are :
- Verify Shipping Provider is Active
- Verify Custom Shipping Method is Active | How to use Custom Shipping Methods
- Verify Shipping Region is Setup | How to setup Shipping Regions
- Verify Warehouses are Setup | How to Define Warehouses
Verify Shipping Provider is Active
Navigate to Storefront > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Providers to see the list of all shipping providers. Verify that at least one of the shipping providers is marked as Active.
If none of the Shipping Providers are marked as active, you can make them active by editing any chosen provider and marking them as Active within the Provider Details.
If you aren’t using any of the preset shipping providers, then you should verify a Custom Shipping Method is active.
Verify Custom Shipping Method is Active
Navigate to Storefront > Settings > Shipping > Custom Shipping Methods to see the list of all Custom Shipping Methods. Verify that one of them is marked as Active (which is symbolized by a 1).
If none of your custom shipping methods are marked as active you can edit any method and mark it as active within the Method Details.
If shipping providers are marked as Active, the next step would be to verify your Shipping Regions.
Verify Shipping Regions are Setup
Navigate to Storefront > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Regions to see a list of all created shipping regions.
If there are no shipping regions, you can learn more on setting them up with this article.
Verify Warehouses are Setup
Navigate to Storefront > Settings > Shipping > Warehouses to see a list of all Warehouses.
If there are no warehouses, you can learn more about setting them up with this article.
Troubleshooting by Product
If there are problems with a specific product and available shipping options, it can be due to shipping settings not being applicable or being restricted.
Navigate to Storefront > Catalog > Products and Edit the product you want to troubleshoot.
This will bring you to the product options, and if you navigate to the Shipping settings then you can see and change the Shipping Options.
Verify the following options:
- This Item is not Shipped
- This option must be disabled for shipping options to be displayed.
- Limited to Shipping Region
- This is defaulted to “Not Limited” and means the product can be shipped to any Global Regions, but if it is limited to a specific shipping region then options will not be displayed for customers outside of the region.
Troubleshooting by Store
Shipping Region Settings by Store
Navigate to Storefront > Settings > Shipping > General (Select Store) and scroll down to Shipping Region Restrictions.
When viewing the Shipping Region Restrictions you’ll want to view the following options:
- Ship Outside of Regions
- If enabled, this option allows shipping outside of your set regions as long as you have available shipping providers for worldwide shipping.
- If disabled, your store will not allow shipping to addresses outside of your set regions.
- Call for Shipping Outside of Regions
- If enabled, customers located outside of your set regions will be shown the Call for Shipping Outside of Regions Message set below for shipping options. Remember to verify the correct contact information is used in the message.
- If disabled, no message will be shown when the customer is located outside of your set regions.
- No Ship Outside of Regions Message
- If you do not wish to ship outside of your set regions, this message will be shown to customers who are outside of your set regions.
Shipping Services Settings by Store
In the same General Shipping Options for your Store, scroll to the Shipping Service Settings panel.
Verify your shipping options are not marked as “Inactive” to ensure the shipping options will show up to applicable shipping regions.
Verifying Shipping Provider Specifications
Depending on the provider and their shipping method, there will be certain criteria that must be met to allow that option to be used. There are some options that will only show for residential and some only show for commercial.
For example, USPS Retail Ground is only available for zones 5-9. From USPS website: “USPS Retail Ground service is only available for mailable items sent to Zones 5-9 except for certain circumstances.”
In their online rate calculator. If you try a Beaumont, TX to Austin, TX shipment, that will be in zone 2, which isn’t available for USPS retail ground. If you try a Beaumont to San Diego Shipment, that will be in zone 6, which is available for USPS retail ground. For the Beaumont, TX to Austin, TX shipment a different USPS shipping option would have to be used.