AmeriCommerce Online Stores supports powerful user roles and groups which allows only users with permssion to do certain things
For help logging in, see: How to Log In.
Step 1: Create a User Group
To create a new (or edit an existing) user group, navigate to Settings > Security > User Roles/Groups. Click Edit next to an existing to edit it; click New to create a new User Group:
On the User Group Permissions page, there are three settings:
- Name: This can be anything (Some examples: Sales, Accounting, Warehouse, Web Developer).
- Landing Page Path: This is the page the user is taken to after logging in (Example: /store/admin/orders/orderlist.aspx). This setting is optional.
- Permissions Grid: This is where permissions can be set for the User Group. Don't want a user to be able to delete anything in the admin? Remove the delete permission from every row on their user group.
The user permissions are defined in the bottom of the Role Based Security Article
Set the above settings as desired, then click Save.
Security Tip: Only give user groups the minimum necessary permissions to perform their job function.
Step 2: Create a User
To create a new (or edit an existing) user, navigate to Settings > Security > Users. Click Edit to edit and existing user; Click New to create a new user:
On the Edit User screen, there are two setting required before saving:
- Name: the user's username used to login
- Email: this address will be used for password resets.
However, also be sure to assign the user to a User Group in the Member of section of the Edit User screen (or they won't have any permissions to do anything!):
To set a password, the user will need to select "forgot password" at the login screen. An email will be sent allowing them to set a password.