Certain integrated applications require a user account with API access. This article is a step-by-step walkthrough on how to create and add a user to a group with API permissions.
Step 1: Create API User Group
The first steps is to create a user group that has API permissions. To do this,
- Navigate to Settings > Security > User Roles/Groups
- Click New (optionally, you can edit an existing user group and give it API permissions)
- Give the user group a name. The name can be almost anything, but "API Users" would be a good choice.
- In the permissions grid, go ahead and check all four boxes.
- Click Save
Step 2:Create API User
Next, we'll need to create a user and make it a member of the API user group we just created. To do so,
- navigate Settings > Security > Users
- Click New (optionally edit an existing user account).
- Give the user account a username, email address, and password*. These are required.
- In the Member Of grid, place a check next to the user group you created in step 1.
* If a person will be using this user account and you would like them to have a confidential password, check Force Password Reset to force them to reset their password the next time they login.
For more information on users and groups, see: