The use of Cloudflare and caching has many advantages, how there are a couple of example where caching is causing problems.
- Product stock qty is updated in AC via the API. (i.e. the product goes from 0 stock on hand and 'back order' status, to 5 stock on hand and 'in stock' status)
- This update immediately triggers a 'item back in stock notification email'
- The customer clicks on that email link, only to find the item still shows 'sold out' on the front end.
Due to caching, at some point, the front end will eventually correctly update to 'in stock' ...but the timing of that update is unknown... it needs to be instant.
- Advanced pricing is updated in AC via the API.
- Same as example 1... the pricing eventually updates... but 'when' is a mystery.
The current work-around is a manual re-save of the relevant product in admin and/or using the cache refresh option via live design.
This is obviously not practical for 100's of API updates each day.
In order to rectify this, we either:
1/ The ability to trigger an immediate cache refresh via the API call
2/ Have the ability to exclude certain data fields from caching/cloudflare (which would have minimal impact of performance). The fields we consider time-critical are:
(AC dev, this relates to support ticket #219794 - we were advised to post this as a feature request)
Please sign in to leave a comment.