The finishing touches have been put on version 5.0.34 and it is now out to the masses. This version was very much geared to our existing and new customers getting in and using AmeriCommerce. You will see many usability features and getting started tweaks. New and compelling use of technologies such as AJAX, Custom Layouts and even JQuery to produce some great and seamless feature improvements. We really want to continue focusing on our existing workflows going into the next release and tightening them up even more for mass order management because so many of our customers have grown so much since switching to us and are now processing hundreds and thousands of orders per day and need these improvements. And of course a great new multi-dimensional product reviews feature as promised!
Take a look at some of the great new features and their uses in our latest version. And as always the latest version includes all hotfixes and hotfeatures of all previous versions, you only move forward with AmeriCommerce, never back!
- New File System Browser & Selector
- New Site Explorer & Content Editor
- New Category Selector used across application
- New Content Page & Link Selectors used across application
Custom Layout Framework
- Take CONTROL of your category and product page layouts as well as most front end pages. You move merges around and AmeriCommerce will evaluate the content into those spots. No more being locked into ‘standard’ looks…
- Add new widgets and controls, reviews, star controls, image zoom popups from category pages, quick product info popups and more by just changing the basic layout of those pages. And better yet, never be broken/orphaned from new releases of the AmeriCommerce system!
- Remove all unused features, CSS classes and other noise from your implementation to streamline your HTML and make keyword relevance that much higher.
- Control each area of the page, including repeated elements like in a category product listing, the paging controls, sub category area and more. basically each ‘area’ of the page has custom layout capabilities.
- Put in your own CSS classes and styling to completely override our stock classes.
- Global Site Template Now Using Custom Layout (using global theme settings page)
Snapin Merges Now Supported
- Can now place snapins anywhere on the page or theme where you want it rendered. Put a snapin on a page and move it anywhere you want.
- Allows for moving search box snapins, mailing list, and every snapin types.
- Especially powerful if custom layout is also available on the snapin too, which means you get complete layout power and the power of the snapin too.
- 50+ New button themes added
New snapin: “Also Purchased Items” snapin (customers who bought this/these items also bought these items).
- On the product page it will show results for the current product
- Anywhere else it will use the items that are currently in your cart.
- Will always show the most popular items bought along with the item(s) that you are viewing/are in your cart instead of random items.
- Also properly obeys active catalog settings. It will NOT show the item you are looking at or the items that are already in your cart, just items that were ordered with those items.
- Setup Wizard Usability Changes
- Quick Product Entry Wizard Usability Changes
- New Google Checkout Settings Page
- New analytics rules actions and filters to further fragment and control your traffic
- New paging controls for front end pages allowing setting page number and selecting other paging options
- Many New Store Text Areas Supported, Store text thumbnails also added to help identify usage
- New Snapin: Custom Repeater for Link Groups
- New Snapin: Custom Repeater for Categories
$0 Order Support
- Can send in order for $0 when setup, which can be useful for free products, catalogs, giveaways, etc.
- Added printable version of the Shopping Cart
- View order page refreshed/redesigned
Added GeoIP to View Order page
- Will bring up the geographic information and map it on a Google Map.
- Display of existing fields that display who entered, last edited by and timestamps on orders
This version also includes all of the hotfixes and small tweaks that are listed in the release history for this version alongside any changes made to any older versions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.