Storefront > Themes > Theme Settings > Activate > Schedule Theme
Scheduled Themes is part of the Themes management of Storefront, and it allows you to select a theme to activate at a certain time. Scheduled Themes can be useful for when your store is running special promotions, highlighting a new release, or if you are wanting a seasonal theme change!
How it works
The Scheduled Themes panel will show beneath the Active Themes panel for your store when there is at least one scheduled theme on that particular store.
Scheduling is done on a store-by-store basis. Each store has its own Scheduled Themes panel that will display the themes that are currently scheduled for that store. Scheduling a theme for a store can only be done when that particular store is selected in the store dropdown.
When a store is deleted, all scheduled themes for that store will be deleted. When a
theme is deleted, all schedules for that theme will be deleted on all stores.
Some things to note related to Scheduled Themes:
- There must be at least 15 minutes between scheduled themes for the same store.
- Themes must be scheduled at least 15 minutes in the future (this will be in the store time zone).
- Themes cannot be scheduled more than one year in advance.
- Due to the way timed events work, the theme will not activate at the exact time set when scheduling the theme, but within a 15 minute interval after the scheduled time.
- The same theme can be scheduled multiple times.
Scheduling a Theme
Scheduling a Theme can be done from the Themes page.
To schedule a theme:
- Navigate to the Themes page in Storefront and choose to Activate a theme via the theme’s setting menu.
- Select the Schedule Theme option and choose the date and time for the theme to activate.
- Confirm the scheduling by pressing Schedule Theme and Ok on the confirmation window. You may also cancel by pressing the Cancel button.
- The scheduled theme will now show up in the Scheduled Themes panel along with any other scheduled themes.
Updating and Canceling a Scheduled Theme
Updating or Canceling a Scheduled Theme can be done from the Scheduled Themes panel.
To update a Scheduled Theme:
- Navigate to the Themes page in Storefront and click on the Settings icon for your chosen theme within the Scheduled Themes panel.
- Click on Update Schedule option to open the Update Scheduled Theme window.
- Make your desired changes and click Update Theme Schedule.
- Confirmed updates will now show in the Scheduled Themes panel.
To cancel a Scheduled Theme:
- Click on the Cancel Schedule option to open the Cancel Theme Schedule window.
- Click the Confirm button and the Theme will be removed from the Scheduled Themes panel and no longer be scheduled to activate.