Cart Payments (Powered by PayPal) brings your PayPal Checkout and credit card transactions together using the PayPal Commerce Platform. (Replacing the Paypal Payments Pro gateway) The underlying technology for Cart Payments is powered by PayPal. PayPal provides the back-end infrastructure to process payments and deposit money into your bank account. As a pioneer in online payments for the last 20 years, payment security is in PayPal's DNA. Their powerful, two sided network securely processes more than 1 billion payments each month - and their machine-learning fraud tools get smarter with every transaction.
Alert: AmeriCommerce Payments (Powered by WePay) is No Longer Supported
This means the Partner Negotiated rates are no longer available through WePay and will require you to upgrade to AmeriCommerce Payments by Paypal to continue receiving those rates. Please follow the steps in this article to setup the gateway and receive a processing discount based on your plan level.
PayPal Customer Service Numbers
NOTE: Existing Merchants - Please reach out to https://www.paypal-techsupport.com/s/ for any technical assistance or issues related to your Paypal account. If you have an urgent issue related to checkout or processing transactions, you can email email@example.com
- Account Specific Checkout Issues: velocitypartner (at) paypal.com
- AmeriCommerce Payments Support: 855-456-1330
- AmeriCommerce Payments Sales: 855-787-6112
- PayPal Support: 888-221-1161
- PayPal Technical Support: https://www.paypal-techsupport.com/s/
AmeriCommerce (Cart Storefront) has upgraded to the newest version of PayPal Commerce Platform, the same API being used for PayPal Checkout (formerly Express) which brings a ton of added value to our customers. Here's a few of the benefits that are now available via the integration:
View payments all in one dashboard - With the new PayPal Commerce platform you can view all AmeriCommerce (Cart Storefront) Payments (Powered by Paypal) and PayPal Checkout (formerly PayPal Express) sales at once in your PayPal admin console with a modern and up to date admin experience.
New improved API for a faster and more secure checkout - PayPal Commerce platform allows a smoother transaction process that reduces wait time, provides extra security, and improves the customer experience resulting in more converted sales and less fraud.
Included AmeriCommerce (Cart Storefront) order data - Unlike other gateways integrations, AmeriCommerce (Cart Storefront) now passes more data for the order to the PayPal Commerce Platform allowing even more information to help with packing slips, shipping data, fraud prevention and much more.
Get customized transaction rates - With AmeriCommerce (Cart Storefront) Payments (Powered by Paypal) now using the PayPal Commerce platform and a stellar relationship with AmeriCommerce (Cart Storefront) - you can get lower customized rates tailored to your business needs even if you're selling high risk products.
To get started, Login to your AmeriCommerce (Cart Storefront) admin console. For more information on logging in, see: How to Log In.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments > Payment Gateways
- Click Activate to begin (or Upgrade Your Plan for a better rate)
- If you select Upgrade, you will be taken to the My Account page for changing your plan level.
- If for some reason you do not see the page above, you can select "Cart Payments by Paypal" from the drop-down on the next page and select "Add."
- You will then be redirected to PayPal to login and Connect. Use your Primary user of your PayPal account to login. (see screenshot at the bottom of this article if you're not sure what the primary is)
- If you need assistance with your current Paypal account, or creating a new one - Call 1 (855) 787-6112 to speak to a dedicated account representative meant for those with AmeriCommerce online stores.
- You will be redirected back to your store with your PayPal account number filled in the payment gateway.
- Select which store you want to apply the payment gateway to (and configure the other settings below as needed) > click save.
Store: Choose if this payment processor should apply to all stores, to a specific store, or to no store.
Note: Having multiple payment gateways assigned to a single store front will cause payment processing issues and errors.
Sort Order: Enter a number value to set the sort order of the credit card payment method when displayed in your store. Set sort order to 1 will set credit card as default payment method and credit card form will expand by default on one page check out.
Authorize Only: When Authorize Only is enabled, the funds will automatically be authorized and a hold for the order amount will be placed on the customer's credit card account. The funds will not be captured from the customer until a user manually processes the charge on the Order Edit screen.
Manual Payment Processing: When this is enabled, no payment will be authorized or captured at the time of checkout, but the credit card information will be securely stored so that a user can manually process the charge from the Order Edit screen. NOTE: This setting will not work with gateways that require CVV! We do not save CVV due to security concerns.
Exclude From Payment Orders: Excludes the gateway from being used on order payment orders made from the customer order statements page.
Alternate URL: Used primarily for non-US accounts.
Config String: This can be used to declare your currency code. ie: currency=GBP
See the fill list of Currency codes HERE. (Default is USD) Otherwise, only use this field if directed to by support.
See also: Trouble Shooting Payment Gateways
How to determine your Primary email on the account:
Downgrading your account?
If you are downgrading your AmeriCommerce plan, you will need to downgrade the tiered rates from the gateway before it will allow you to downgrade your plan.