Below are some troubleshooting steps to take if a discount is not working. Be sure to test in an incognito/private browsing window, and clear the shopping cart and add the products back after each test.
- Is the discount active?
- Is the action(s) active?
- Is the discount expired?
- If the discount has a customer type rule, are you logged in as the customer type in a private window?
- Is the discount strict? If so, does the cart pass every rule?
- Does the discount have action rules? If so, does it pass all the action rules and the method rules?
- Does the discount have an action? Discounts will not work without an action
- Does the discount use a coupon code? If so, is the correct character case being entered?
- Is the coupon code a method rule? Coupon code rules only work as a method rule, and not as an action rule
- Is there a space in the discount code rule?
- Is the product marked as Do Not Discount in Catalog > Products > Edit Product > General?
For more an in-depth look at Discounts, see: Discount Method System Overview
For other articles on discounts, see: Discounts and Pricing.