PayPal is a fast and safe way to send money, make an online payment, receive money or set up a merchant account. It is used with AmeriCommerce online store via API.
To get started using Paypal Express Checkout , you will need to grant certain permissions to your AmeriCommerce online store install in order to access the full range of features for PayPal Express Checkout to perform actions such as Refunding or Voiding PayPal Express Checkout transactions.
It's easy to set up as long as you have a PayPal account.
1. Log in to your PayPal account. https://www.paypal.com
2. Click Profile.
3. Click Profile and Settings
Select My Selling Tools.
4. Expand Selling Online if not already.
5. Next to API Access, click Update.
6. Under Option 1, click Grant API permission.
7. In the Third Party Username field, copy and paste the following:
(If you already have other third parties added, then click Add New Third Party.)
8. Click Lookup.
9. Checkmark the following permissions:
- Use Express Checkout to process payments.
- Issue a refund for any prior transaction.
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions.
- Obtain information about a single transaction.
10. Click Add.
11. Sign out of PayPal.
Once you have granted API permissions by completing the configuration above, you can begin processing transactions.