- Confirm You Have Valid Payments Account
- Setup QuickBooks Payment Gateway in AmeriCommerce
- Troubleshooting Steps
- More Information
This article is a step-by-step walk-through on setting up the Intuit QuickBooks Payment Gateway. A payment gateway allows your online store to connect to your merchant bank account. It acts as a “virtual terminal,” as apposed to a card-swipe terminal. For more information on payment gateways and merchant accounts, see: How to Accept Credit Cards.
Confirm You Have Valid Payments Account
To get started you'll need an Intuit QuickBooks Payment Solutions account which can be obtained by visiting https://quickbooks.intuit.com/payments/. This will allow you to accept credit cards on your AmeriCommerce online store.
Note: Only one payments account connection can made to an individual shopping cart/web-store. Multiple payments accounts are required for multiple shopping cart/web-store connections. Make sure you account has eCommerce payments enabled.
Setup QuickBooks Payment Gateway in AmeriCommerce
- Login to your AmeriCommerce admin console. For more information on logging in, see: How to Log In.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments and Taxes > Payment Gateways
- Click New:
On the Add Payment Gateway screen:
- Select QuickBooks from the Add Payment Processor drop-down
- Click Add:
- When the page reloads, click on "Connect to QuickBooks" button.
- You will be redirected to QuickBooks to login.
- Login in your account and Click on "Connect".
- You will be redirected back to your store with your QuickBooks account filled in the payment gateway.
- Select which store you want to use the payment gateway and click save.