ShipStation is a shipping solution that streamlines the order fulfillment process for online retailers. With real-time integrations into popular marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, Sears, Best Buy, etsy and shopping carts like AmeriCommerce, ShipStation handles everything from order import and batch label creation to customer communication. Advanced customization features such as Automation Rules and Product Profiles allow ShipStation to fit businesses with any number of users or locations. As a SaaS, cloud-based software solution, ShipStation is compatible on both Mac and PCs through any web browser— from any location!
What AmeriCommerce online store Features Does ShipStation Support?
- Product, Images, Weight, Product Personalization Options, Variants
- Requested Shipping Service
- Tracking # and Shipment status posted back to AmeriCommerce online stores
- Gift and Gift Message
- will recognize as a “Gift” if it is indicated at checkout
- Order Comments and Private Notes
How to Setup your ShipStation Account.
Go to ShipStation and create an account here: https://www.shipstation.com/step1/
Create a User in AmeriCommerce online stores with Order Read/Update access for API permissions.
(If you need more info on creating a customer with specific user permissions check out the article here: How To Add/Edit User Roles and Permissions)
Click Connect To The Place(s) You Sell
(if AmeriCommerce does not display click this link: https://ss.shipstation.com/#/settings/stores/setup/59 )
You will be prompted to enter information in here that will integrate with AmeriCommerce online stores.
You can then run a test to make sure it's connected.
Hit Ok and then
Once the setup test was successful, you will prompted to enter the following information.
Setup is complete!
NOTE: You can also set up a warehouse location for your products. If you want to send a warehouse location to ShipStation all you have to do is create a product custom field titled ShipStationWarehouseLocation . (Be sure to use that name exactly including capitalization and no spaces. Then any products that have a value for that setting will pass it over to ShipStation on sync.
NOTE: If you are having issues getting certain orders to work, check to see if it is a custom status. If it is, you'll have to turn on the statuses in the Shipstation Settin
Note your order statuses so you can enter them in the ShipStation. Note that these ShipStation statuses can accept a CSV list of multiple statuses for each, so statuses cannot have commas. Our default “Approved, Pending Shipping” needs to be changed, as it would appear to the ShipStation config as two statuses, “Approved” and “Pending Shipping”.
If you already have an account with Shipstation and wish to start from the admin panel,
In the ShipStation admin, click Settings > Stores > Add a New Store.
- Click Custom Store/ Americommerce AmeriCommerce Online Stores Store at the bottom:
On the Custom Store Setup page
- Enter the AmeriCommerce online store user and password you configured.
- The URL will be the following, note it MUST be https. Use your SSL Domain in place of “yoursecuredomain”. If you change your SSL Domain at any time it will need to be updated here:
- Populate your AmeriCommerce Order Statuses for each status in ShipStation.
- Click Test connection to verify your username/password and URL settings.
Make sure in your settings for Shipstation under Apps & Add-Ons that your Shipped Order Status is set. If you have it set to none, you won't see any order statuses change in sync with the status that they do in the AmeriCommerce online store.