- Getting a FedEx Meter Number and Authentication Key and Password
- Connecting FedEx to Cart.com
Your store can automatically calculate shipping based on FedEx negotiated rates. In order to set this up, you'll first need to input a FedEx meter number and Authentication Key and Password into FedEx's Shipping Provider settings in Cart.com. Your FedEx meter number is the unique number issued to online merchants, with the additional benefit of other freight forwarding companies being able to provide the same rates that were negotiated with FedEx.
This process will require the following:
- A FedEx account
- Your FedEx Meter Number
- Authentication Key
- Authentication Password
Getting a FedEx Meter Number and Authentication Key and Password
The following steps are for receiving a FedEx Meter Number and Authentication Key and Password:
- Navigate to FAQs | FedEx Developer Resource Center.
- Click FedEx Web Services and then Move to Production.
- Click on the Get Production Key button.
- You will now be taken to a setup wizard and prompted to complete these steps:
- Create an Application Profile
- Sign the License Agreement
- Enter the Contact Information
- Provide Developer Information
- Receive Confirmation
Fill in the specified information in the highlighted fields and then click Continue and follow the license agreement steps and other info for the setup wizard.
Once completed, you will see your new authentication key and meter number in the highlighted section.
Note: The authentication key will NOT be emailed, so be sure to copy it when is displayed, and save it in a safe place!
You should receive email from FedEx with your meter number and Password.
Note: Write this information down and/or save it.
Connecting FedEx to Cart.com
This step requires the FedEx Meter Number.
- Navigate to Storefront > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Providers > FedEx
- Enter your FedEx Account number, Meter Number, Authentication Key and Password.
Note: Your shipping account number will not change.