- Creating a Product Display Widget
- Editing Product Display Widgets
- Renaming Product Display Widgets
- Auto-Populated Product Display Widgets
- Manually Populated Product Display Widgets
The New Items, Featured Items, Hot Sellers, and Sale Items widgets are all types of Product Display widget. There are many other types as well, and they all function in one of two ways:
- Auto-Populated - New Items, Hot Sellers, and Recently Viewed Items are auto-populated. This means the products displayed by this widget type can not be chosen by users; they are chosen by the system based on different criteria and product meta data. For example, Hot Sellers displays the products with the highest sales rank.
- Manually Populated -- Featured Items, Spotlight Items, and Product List widgets are manually populated. The products displayed in these widgets are chosen by you or other site users.
All product display widgets can be renamed and edited. For example, it is possible top create a product list widget and name it "Hot Sellers". This article explains how to create, edit, and add products to these product display widgets.
Creating the Widget
To create a Product Display Widget:
- Navigate to Themes > Edit Theme:
- Then go to [page] > Widgets, for example Home Page > Widgets
- Click Add Widget:
- On the widget list screen click Add under Product Display
Editing Product Display Widgets
Once a Product Display widget has been added to a theme page, it can be edited by clicking the cursor icon next to the widget:
Widget Settings, HTML, and CSS can be edited here:
Renaming the Name of a Product Display Widget
The name of a product display widget can be changed by adding the desired name to the Header Text field near the bottom of the widget's settings:
Auto-Populated Product Display Widgets
The following product display widgets are Auto-Populated:
- Also Purchased Items - Displays products frequently purchased with items in customer's cart.
- Hot Sellers - Displays the items with the highest sales rank.
- Related Items from Cart - Displays the related items of the products currently in the customer's cart.
- Sale Items - Displays all the items currently on sale
- Recently Viewed Items - Displays products recently viewed by customer
- Customer Favorites - Displays a list of the customer's must frequently purchased items. If customer is not logged in, the list will be blank.
- Viewed this but bought these - Displays products purchased by customers after looking at different product.
You will not be able choose which items get displayed in these widgets. If you would like to choose which products get displayed in the widget, change the product display type in the widget's settings to one of the manually populated widgets listed in the next section of this article. The name of the widget can be changed by adding the desired name to the header field.
Manually Populated Product-Display Widgets
The following Product Display Widgets are Manually Populated:
- Attribute Product List - Lists products that contain the selected attributes. Items displayed alphabetically or by sort order.
- Category Product List - Lists products from a selected category. Items displayed alphabetically or by sort order.
- Customer Product List - If customer is logged in, displays the product list set in Edit Customer > Marketing. Does not display otherwise.
- Discount Action Product List - Works in conjunction with a discount method. Only works on the shopping cart
- eProducts - Displays items that are marked as eProducts set in Edit Product > eProduct.
- Featured Items - Displays items with Featured checked in Edit Product > General, under Product Flags. Items displayed alphabetically or by sort order.
- Manufacturer Product List - Lists products from a selected manufacturer. Items displayed alphabetically or by sort order.
- Product List - Displays product from selected product list. Items displayed alphabetically or by sort order.
- Product Status Product List - Lists products of a selected product status
- Related Items - Works only on product details page. Displays the product's related items set in Edit Product > Related Items.
- Spotlight Items - Displays items with Spotlight checked in Edit Product > General, under Product Flags. Items displayed alphabetically or by sort order.
- Subscription Items - Displays items that are marked as subscription products set in Edit Product > General.