This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to integrate the Nuvei payment gateway with your online store. Nuvei is a secure and reliable payment processing solution that allows you to accept payments from customers. By following these instructions, you can seamlessly add Nuvei as a payment gateway for processing transactions on your website(s).
Follow these steps to integrate the Nuvei payment gateway with your online store:
- Sign Up for a Nuvei Account: If you don't already have a Nuvei account, you can register through your storefront dashboard when setting up the gateway, or by visiting the Nuvei website and signing up for an account. If you choose to register through the online store dashboard, you will need to wait on the approval process through Nuvei to proceed.
- Access Merchant Portal: Log in to your Nuvei merchant portal. This is where you'll configure your payment settings and gather the API credentials.
- Generate API Credentials: In the merchant portal, navigate to Settings > Integration Settings to locate your Merchant ID, Secret Key, and Site ID.
- Connect your Online Store: Within your online store dashboard, access the payment gateway settings via Settings > Payments > Gateways > New > Sign Up. If you're Nuvei account is already setup, select Existing Account and enter the Merchant ID, Secret Key, and Site ID from the previous step. If you do not have an account yet, you can optionally register at this point.
- Enable Nuvei: To activate the gateway, you can apply the gateway to "All" stores, or a specific store.
When you first register for an account with Nuvei, you will be subject to their approval process. You should receive an email shortly after signing up to initiate the approval process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I start making payments now?
No, until your account is verified and approved to transact you will not be able to take payments online.
- When will I know if I’m approved?
You will receive an email from Nuvei inviting you to provide more detailed business information. When that application form is completed, you will be contacted by Nuvei with confirmation of approval or rejection.
- What if I’ve already been approved by Nuvei?
If/Once you’ve been approved, you can come back to edit the payment gateway. Instead of selecting you are a new customer, you will select that you already have a Nuvei approved account. From there, you will be able to enter your account credentials and connect the gateway to your desired store.