- Step 1: Obtain a Veratad Account
- Step 2: Enable Integration in AmeriCommerce
- Step 3: Using the Integration
AgeMatch is Veratad’s Industry Leading Age Verification Solution designed to protect children from unauthorized access to online age restricted content and merchandise, while protecting businesses from potential compliance liability -- Veratad.com. Once enabled, your store will verify the customer's age with Veratad by using the order's ship to name and address. If the customer's age is not verified by Veratad, the order status will be changed to the "Unverified Order Status." Below are specific setup instructions for enabling Veratad AgeMatch Integration in AmeriCommerce.
Step 1: Obtain a Veratad Account
If you don't already have account with Veratad, you'll need register and signup for their AgeMatch service: https://veratad.com/solutions/
Step 2: Enable Integration in AmeriCommerce
To Enable the Veratad AgeMatch Integration in AmeriCommerce,
- Navigate to Tools > Apps & Addons > Veratad
- Check Enable Veratad Age Match
- Enter your Veratad API Username and Password (obtain these from Veratad)
- Configure state age settings as necessary
- Check Skip Verified Customer Address, if desired
- Set the AmeriCommerce order status to be used as the Unverified Order status
Step 3: Using the Integration
Verification Failures: If a customer's shipping address on the order fails the verification, the order will be put into the Unverified Order Status configured above, and a comment will be added to the order's Private Order Comments.
Verification Pass: Orders that pass verification will also get a private order comment for your records.
Veratad Customer Custom Field: After a customer's address has been verified for the first time, the verified address will be stored in a custom field on the customer account called VerataVerifiedAddress.
If a customer's address has already been verified, a private order comment will be added to the order for your records.