- The Rates
- Step 1 Create Custom Shipping Method
- Step 2: Enter the Rules / Rates
- Other Options
You may have noticed that USPS First Class Mail Parcel is no longer displaying as a shipping option on the shopping cart and checkout page. This is because USPS recently replaced the USPS First Class Mail Parcel service with a new service called First Class Package Service - Retail. We're currently working on adding this new rate to our available shipping provider live rates; however, in the meantime, you can simulate the First Class Package Service - Retail rates using a custom shipping method. This article will walk you through that process.
Below is a table of the rates for First Class Mail Pack Service - Retail. These rates will be used to setup the custom shipping method.
|Weight (Ounces)||Weight (Pounds)||Rates as of 09/03/2017||Price Change|
Step 1: Create Custom Shipping Method
Create a new Custom Shipping Method in Settings > Shipping > Custom Shipping methods
- Name it First Class Mail Package Service - Retail (Or First Class Parcel if you like)
- Check Active when you're ready for the method to be available to customers
- Click Save (Top Right)
Step 2: Enter the Rules / Rates
After saving the new shipping method, you'll be able to create rules at the bottom. You will need 10 rules to cover each rate listed in the rate table above. Here's how to setup the first two rules:
- Configure first rule like so: If Subtotal is between 0 and 0.25 weight units and between (leave blank) and (leave blank), shipping charge is 3.00 dollars plus (leave blank) dollars to (select region or leave as is for every region) from (select warehouse or leave as is for every warehouse) for customer type (select or leave all types for all types).
- Click Add Rule
- Click Save
- Configure second rule like so: If Subtotal is between 0.25 and 0.3125 weight units and between (leave blank) and (leave blank), shipping charge is 3.16 dollars plus (leave blank) dollars to (select region or leave as is for every region) from (select warehouse or leave as is for every warehouse) for customer type (select or leave all types for all types).
- Click Add Rule
- Click Save
Repeat this process until all 10 rules and all rates from the table above are accounted for. As always, we recommend testing the shipping method to ensure its been set up correctly and works the way you expect. Be sure to check Active when you're ready to make it available to customers.
For more information on creating custom shipping methods, see Custom Shipping Methods
If you don't want to go through the process of creating the custom method or all the rules described above, here's some other options:
- Create a custom method, but only create a few rules to match a few of the rates. The shipping won't match 100% exactly, but it will be a simpler setup and might be close enough for your business.
- Enable one of the other USPS Shipping services in Settings > Shipping > Shipping Providers. One of the other services might have rates close to the First Class Parcel Rates.