Google Analytics is a free Web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. The service is available to anyone with a Google account. The following walkthrough will help you sync it to your Americommerce Spark Pay Online Stores Spark Pay Online Stores site and show you where it needs to go in the back of the admin panel.
Setting Up Google Analytics
1. Sign into or create your Google Analytics account.
2. Click Admin, then click Select a Property › Create New Property.
3. Complete the form, then select Get Tracking ID.
4. Copy the tracking code provided on the following page. Be sure to copy the entire code, beginning with <script> and ending with </script>.
Basically, these are the only steps you need:
- Find the tracking code snippet for your property. Sign in to your Google Analytics account, and select the Admin tab.
- Find your tracking code snippet.
- Copy the snippet.
- Paste your snippet (unaltered, in its entirety) into the page you want to track.
- Check your setup with Google.
How To Verify Correct Information In Google Analytics
1. Turn on Ecommerce Tracking on Admin->View Settings.
You need to enable Ecommerce reporting in the view in which you want to see the data.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Navigate to the desired account, property and view.
- In the VIEW column, select Ecommerce Settings.
- Click the toggle ON.
- Optional: Turn ON Enhanced Ecommerce.
- Click Submit.
2. Get your Tracking ID and Domain Name from Admin->Tracking info->Tracking Code.
***NOTE: If you already placed Google Analytic scripts in your site, remove it first.***
Option 1. SIMPLE METHOD:Step 1: Goto Tools -> Apps & Addons -> Google Universal Analytics.
Option 2. MANUAL METHOD:
<!-- Google Analytics -->
<!-- End Google Analytics -->
Results show within 24hrs or sooner depending on the processing time at Google. The generation of the order data on our side happens as soon as the script is placed and new orders are placed.
For more information and support or issues with analytics, check out Google's article here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en